Opera for Windows supports Silverlight. Unfortunately, most of Silverlight applications check the browser version so Silverlight doesn't start in Opera. Even Opera's "Mask as" feature doesn't work. So I wrote silverlight.js script to bypass it.
How to install Silverlight in Opera
- Download and install Opera (tested on 9.25, 9.50 beta 1 and 9.50 beta 2 on Windows XP)
- Download and install Silverlight
- Copy DLL files from "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight" to "C:\Program Files\Opera\program\plugins"
- Restart browser
- Try some of the Silverlight examples below
- Keyboard input doesn't work
- Problems with drag and drop
- On some sites don't work
- Opera sometimes crashes
Any feedback is appreciated.
This script works for Silverlight 1.0. For Silverlight 2.0 no script is required. Just install Silverlight 2.0 and visit some page with that is using silverlight 2.0. (for example http://www.vectorlight.net/silverlight_net_form_controls_demo.aspx)